We are excited to announce our 4th annual Calendar Photography Contest!
THIS YEAR’S THEME IS: The Great Northwest
Deadline for entries is September 15th.
2017 Calendar Cover Winner Mary Campbell
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO(S) at the bottom of the post.
Here are the guidelines and details:
- Photos must be taken by you.
- Photos must be taken within the Northwest. (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia)
- Photos must be JPEGs.
- Horizontal pictures work best for the calendar.
- Photos must be 300dpi and at a minimum of 11″ X 8.5″ ( 3300 dpi x 2550 dpi) Lower resolution photos will not be considered. So make sure your image settings are correct! If in doubt please submit the photo with sizing unaltered. Use the FREE Fotor photo editor HERE to resize you photo.
- Please pick your best photos. Multiples of the same shot will not be considered.
- There is a 5 image submission limit per photographer. So send us your very best!
The subject matter is wide open. It could be in color, it could be in black and white. Subjects could range from the wild flowers in your yard, a bird on the shore, a lake on your favorite hike, a parade, the sunset, ect. It just needs to be from the Northwest.
We’ll choose at least 20 photos to use in the calendar and one amazing photo for the cover. If your photo is chosen for the cover, you’ll receive a $200 gift card to one of our stores! A small reception will be held in honor of all the submitting photographers and all photographers chosen for the calendar will receive 5 calendars each.
When calendars are released, all submitting photographers will be notified. Calendars will be available free to the public at both Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply.
New to photography? No problem!
We want everyone to be able to enter. Check out the links below for a bit of photography help. Also be sure and follow our website blog and Facebook throughout the submission period for more photography help.
Here’s some tips!
The Top 5 Photography Tips For Absolute Beginners
Free Photo Editor! Just click below, download a picture, edit as you wish, save and Viola!
Fotor Photo Editor
Check out our Blog Posts on Photography from last year by local photographer Chuck Rondeau.
By submitting your photo(s) to Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply’s 2017 Calendar Photo Contest, you grant Angeles Millwork and Hartnagel permission to reproduce, distribute, and publish your name and photographs in our calendar and promotional materials. You retain all other rights to your photography.
Entries should include:
- Name of person who took the photo (REQUIRED)
- Phone number (REQUIRED for internal use only)
- Email address (REQUIRED for internal use only)
- Title and Location of the photo (REQUIRED)
Your phone number and email address are for internal use only and will NOT be published in the calendar or used for solicitation.
Hurry our deadline is September 15!
Use the form below to submit your entry in our 2017 Calendar Photo Contest and Good Luck!