Hartnagel Building Supply, an all employee owned company is hiring!
Our team of employee owners make up a wide range of the most creative, knowledgeable and caring that the North Peninsula has to offer. We consider our customers to be family with many we know by first name, so we are looking for the pinnacle of leadership, accountability and customer service in our hires.
Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply have been community fixtures in the area for over 111 years and we offer the best in building materials to the industry professional and the do-it-yourselfer. If the opportunity to be on our team is enticing to you then we encourage you to apply!
RETAIL SALES MANAGER
COMPENSATION: DOE $17 – $20 an hour
BASIC FUNCTION: The Retail Sales Manager is responsible for the direction of all retail sales activities.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the industry and be skilled in the management and motivation of sales personnel.
- The Retail Sales Manager must perform assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of service to customers and to contribute to the profitability of the business.
- Supervise personnel to keep productivity at optimum levels. Training, merchandising and display, advertising and promotion and customer relations.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring and training; plans, assigns, and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines personnel.
- Negotiate conflict resolution in the best interest of the company and the customer.
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts or unprofessional behavior in a timely manner.
- Motivate and train subordinates to reach personal and company goals.
- Coordinates with Store Manager to develop pricing strategies.
- Supervise merchandising in conjunction with management.
- Develop individual sales goals in conjunction with the Store Manager and monitor progress toward those goals.
- Work with Store Manager and Accounting Department to monitor credit on all new and current customers.
- Take appropriate action when employees are guilty of violating company rules and / or policies.
- Act in a timely manner when taking disciplinary action or acknowledging positive behavior by employees: maintain records of such actions.
- Structure programs to motivate sales personnel and encourage increased purchasing by customers.
- Proactively recommend adjustments to current product line and pricing to remain competitive in the local market.
- Attend and participate in all company-sponsored training programs as required.
- Includes all Sales Clerk responsibilities.
- Assist with any other duties as required.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Five years of industry related experience with increasing supervisory responsibilities.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, sales, customer service and training skills.
- Strong knowledge of building material products (especially commodities) and lumber.
- Knowledge of point-of-sale system, basic business accounting, safety and store security.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to talk and listen.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and use hands and fingers to handle objects and computer controls.
- Ability to lift and/or move 90 pounds safely.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work inside in controlled temperature conditions.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- Moderately normal noise level.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- First Aid / CPR Certification
Drop off application AND resume in either of the below formats
- In person
- MAIL to Hartnagel Building Supply 3111 East HWY 101 Port Angeles, WA 98363
- FAX to 360-452-8943
- OR EMAIL resume and application to Lynn Ostrowski at firstname.lastname@example.org