SORRY our deadline for entries into the 2021 Photo Calendar has expired.
Announcing our 7th annual Photography Calendar Contest!
Win a metal print of your photo and five 2021 calendars if you are chosen!
THIS YEAR’S THEME: Best in the Northwest.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO(S) at the bottom of the post.
- For your submission to be considered it must be submitted by September 13th, 2020, AND meet all file requirements
Photos MUST a .jpg file type and at least 300dpi and at a minimum of 11″ X 8.5″ ( 3300 pxl x 2550 pxl). We are sorry but we will not inform photographers if their photos do NOT meet the requirements, so please check them before submitting them.
- We will choose 60 initial photos from all the submissions (as long as they meet all image requirements).
- The voting on the 60 chosen photos will be open to the public beginning September 25th and run until October 12th, 2020.
- All photographers chosen to be a part of the public voting will be informed beforehand and be given the link to the voting page.
- Voters can only vote once per photo.
- All winning photographers will be notified via email by November 16th, 2020.
- The top vote-getter will be awarded the coveted cover of the 2021 calendar and a 16″ x 20″ metal print of their chosen photo.
- The next 12 photos with the most votes will have their photo in the calendar and receive a 8.5″ x 11″ metal print of their chosen photo.
- The next 18 photos with the most votes will have their photo in the calendar and a 4″ x 6″ metal print of their chosen photo.
*Only one metal print will be awarded per photographer. In the event of a submitting photographer receiving more than one photo in the calendar, the highest voted photograph will be the one awarded in metal print form.
- All metal prints will be printed and mailed through Bay Photo and arrive ready to hang.
- All winning photographers will receive by mail five 2021 Calendars with their awarded print. (mailed separately)
- Calendars will be available free to the public at both Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply beginning December 4th, 2020.
Important contest guidelines:
- PHOTO RELEASE
By submitting your photo(s) to Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply’s 2021 Calendar Photo Contest, you grant Angeles Millwork and Hartnagel permission to reproduce, distribute, and publish your name and photographs in our calendar and promotional materials. You retain all other rights to your photography.
- Photos must be taken by you.
- Photos must be taken in the Northwest. (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia)
- Photos must be JPEGs.
- Horizontal pictures work best for the calendar.
- Please do not add signatures, logos, or watermarks to your submitted photos. All photographer’s names will be published with any promotion of their image.
- Photos MUST be at least 300dpi and at a minimum of 11″ X 8.5″ ( 3300 x 2550) Lower resolution photos will not be considered. So make sure your image settings are correct!
- Any photo with a greater proportion of 8.5 x 11 will be cropped (if chosen for prominent month placement.)
- We are looking for panoramas and vertical images to fill smaller areas of the calendar but due to their size, they will not be considered for the prominent month placement.
- Please make sure that no single image is over 23MB in size (total submission should not exceed 100MB)
- Please pick your best photos. Multiples of the same shot will not be considered.
- There is a 3 image submission limit per photographer. So send us your very best!
If in doubt please read the article HERE to see if your photos meet the requirements for entry listed above.
New to photography? No problem!
We want everyone to be able to enter. Check out the links below for a bit of photography help.
Here are some tips!
- The Top 5 Photography Tips For Absolute Beginners
- Phone Photography 101
- iPhone camera tips to take better photos
- How to take better photos with your Android phone
Free photo editor! Just click below, sign up for free, download a picture, edit as you wish, save, and Viola!