Announcing our 8th annual Photography Calendar Contest!
Win a gift card to Bay Photo and five 2022 calendars if one of your photos are chosen!
The photo’s theme can be anything but it must have been taken by the submitting photographer and taken within the Northwest. (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO(S) at the bottom of the post.
- For your submission to be considered it must be submitted by September 30th, 2021, AND meet ALL file requirements
Photos MUST be in .jpg file type and at a minimum of 300dpi and at a minimum of 11″ X 8.5″ ( 3300 pxl x 2550 pxl).
We are sorry but we do not have time to inform photographers if their photos DO NOT meet the requirements, so please check them before submitting them.
- All photo submissions will be displayed to our employee-owners on an internal social media site. (as long as they meet all image requirements).
- The employee-owners will vote on their favorites beginning October 4th through October 10th
- Employees will only be allowed to vote once per photo.
- 30 – 40 photos will be chosen to fill the calendar as decided by votes.
- All winning photographers will be notified via email by November 16th, 2021.
- The top vote-getter will be awarded the coveted cover of the 2022 calendar and a $150 gift card to the online photo company Bay Photo.
- The next 12 photos with the most votes will have their photo chosen as the monthly feature and receive a $100 gift card to the online photo company Bay Photo.
- The remaining photos with the most votes will have their photo in secondary areas of the calendar and receive a $50 gift card to the online photo company Bay Photo.
*Only one gift card will be awarded per photographer. In the event of a submitting photographer receiving more than one photo in the calendar, the highest voted photograph will be the one awarded the corresponding gift card.
- All gift cards will be emailed through Bay Photo.
- Winners will be notified when gift cards are awarded. Please check your spam folder for these emails after being notified.
- Please also check spam folders for emailed correspondence about your entry.
- All winning photographers will receive by mail five 2022 Calendars.
- Calendars will be available free to the public at both Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply beginning December 6th, 2021.
Important contest guidelines:
- PHOTO RELEASE
By submitting your photo(s) to Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply’s 2021 Calendar Photo Contest, you grant Angeles Millwork and Hartnagel permission to reproduce, distribute, and publish your name and photographs in our calendar and promotional materials. You retain all other rights to your photography.
- By submitting photos you attest that the photos were taken by you.
- Photos must be shot in the Northwest. (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia)
- Photos must be JPEGs.
- Horizontal pictures at 8.5 x 11 proportions work best for prominent areas of the calendar.
- Please do not add signatures, logos, or watermarks to your submitted photos. All photographer’s names will always be published with any promotion of their image.
- Photos MUST be at least 300dpi and at a minimum of 11″ X 8.5″ ( 3300 x 2550) Lower resolution photos will not be considered. So make sure your image settings are correct, please.
- Any photo with a greater proportion of 8.5 x 11 will be cropped (if chosen for prominent month placement.)
- We are looking for panoramas and vertical images to fill smaller areas of the calendar but due to their size, they will not be considered for the prominent month placement.
- Please make sure that no single image is over 23MB in size (total submission should not exceed 100MB)
- Please pick your best photos. Multiples of the same shot will not be considered.
- There is a 3 image submission limit per photographer. So send us your very best!
If in doubt of your image size please upload your image HERE, choose your file, click “Open” and the image size will be displayed.
New to photography? No problem!
We want everyone to be able to enter. Check out the links below for a bit of photography help.
Here are some tips!
- The Top 5 Photography Tips For Absolute Beginners
- Phone Photography 101
- iPhone camera tips to take better photos
- How to take better photos with your Android phone
Free photo editor! Just click below, sign up for free, download a picture, edit as you wish, save, and Viola!