Ask any of our professional building clients and they will tell you, residential construction professionals are in high demand and those who have a strong work ethic and drive are quickly snapped up and put to work.
Sign up now for the Habitat for Humanity 2021 Build Class where enrolled students learn residential construction while building homes for local families in need!
- Deadline May 7th, 2021
- 9-week course
- Thurs, Fri Classes
- June 3rd – July 30th
- Graduating students keep provided safety gear & tools!
- Students must be 18 years or older by 6/3/2021
- All accepted students must pay a $100 Registration Fee
- Please inquire about possible scholarship opportunities in the registration form below
- Class Prerequisite – Completion of 8-hour online “Competent Person Construction Safety Training”.
Habitat Build Class 2021
- Instruction in proper hand and power tool use
- Proper job-site construction procedures and communication
- How to read house plans
- Subfloor framing
- Exterior and interior wall framing
- Setting Trusses
- Building inspection process
Possible additional areas of focus may include
- Interior Finishing
Class sizes are limited, enroll below now!
“From a career path perspective, the Habitat Build Class offered an inexpensive and hands-on training of construction basics that I could use in my own real estate investment endeavors. But as the class went on, I realized I wanted to shift my investment focus towards helping to provide affordable housing. My husband and I are currently remodeling our first soon-to-be rental and I am the AmeriCorps Construction Lead for Habitat for Humanity of Clallam County and will be helping to teach the Build Class of 2021!”
– Annalisa Brown, 2020 Student
Angeles Millwork and Hartnagels believe so much in this program that we have elected to fund 100% of the cost of tools and safety equipment for every student enrolled in the program for 2021.
Our strong belief is that we must help in any way we can to support our industry and our clients. Many are in desperate need of skilled and driven individuals that want to carry on the long tradition of building quality homes in our area. We hope that the Habitat Build Class results in increased opportunities to create skilled labor in our area. It’s a win-win for our community, our industry and our company.
Help us support and train the next generation of local builders!
If you are a licensed contractor or industry leader who would like to offer your experience and or knowledge as a guest speaker please email Colleen Robinson at email@example.com!