COMPENSATION: $22 – $35/hr includes base and commisions
BASIC FUNCTION: Develops and expands customer base to increase company sales and profit.
Be courteous. Create a positive experience for customers, employees, suppliers, and communities.
Be the Guide. Help our customers, employees, and suppliers succeed through trust and partnership.
Be Ambitious. Seek innovative solutions and go the extra mile.
Be Accountable. Act with honesty and integrity.
Angeles Millworks Contractor Salesperson executes all aspects of our sales process and strategies, facilitating and coordinating business activities of accounts and implementing Angeles Millworks’ sales initiatives. The primary focus is operating as a team member to create quotes, process orders, and help to manage construction schedules. The Contractor Sales position works directly with contractors and homeowners and reports to the Store Manager and serves both internal and external customers. Interacts regularly with team members and supporting operational employees (Purchasing Department, Accounting Team, Dispatch & Delivery crew) as well as vendor representatives and industry associates.
Outcomes for Success
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers
- Communicating with a wide number of customers in the Residential and Commercial Construction industry and helping to sell and manage the timely flow of building materials to their job site
- Proactively set, reach for and meet (or exceed) personal sales and profit goals
- The primary player in deepening customer relationship and scheduling timely material shipments — ensuring account profitability as well as customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Ability to sell on overall quality, value, and service, rather than price
- Coordinate with other company divisions to broaden sales to existing customers
- Precisely and efficiently manage one’s time and prioritize workflow in a face-paced environment
- Respond quickly to customer complaints and concerns
- Continually update product knowledge and selling techniques
- Provide lumber & building material takeoffs
- Present and sell building materials and services to new and existing customers
- Personable and able to build a strong customer clientele
- Prospect and contact potential customers
- Provide knowledge and advice to all customers, and resolve complaints
- Communicate clearly with customers and other associates throughout the store to ensure customer satisfaction
- Track sales and profits and attain monthly goals
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Able to work well independently but also with a sales team
- Takes the initiative but is also great at following directions
- Be a reliable and punctual team player
- Minimum of 2 years industry related experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to do math, read orders, follow instructions, and complete forms
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to communicate with customers, other employees, and supervisors using verbal and legible written skills
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands
- Above average communication skills, including reading, writing, and computer
- Previous experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Familiarity with lumber and building materials
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Strong people skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled in the use of a computer
- 18 years or older
- Employee Ownership shares in the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Discount
- PTO & Sick Pay
- Monday to Friday
- A Pre-Hired Drug Test is Required
- Health Benefits after 90 days
Angeles Millwork is a sister store to Hartnagel Building Supply and owned by Lumber Traders, Inc., an employee-owned company with a rich history of community involvement and support in Port Angeles, WA. We offer unparalleled retirement benefits through employee ownership and believe that our employees are our best asset and key to our continued success.
We take pride in the services we provide to homeowners and contractors alike, and in 2020 we were humbled to be awarded Business of the Year from the Chamber of Commerce. We are growth-oriented and experiencing an incredible increase in demand and looking for employee-partners who can help us continue this progress.