Hartnagel Building Supply, an employee-owned company is hiring a paint specialist!
COMPENSATION: $16 -$20/hour to start DOE
BASIC FUNCTION: The Paint Specialist is responsible for the management of the store paint department, facilitates all customer paint requests, and supports retail sales responsibilities.
Be courteous. Create a positive experience for customers, employees, suppliers, and communities.
Be the Guide. Help our customers, employees, and suppliers succeed through trust and partnership.
Be Ambitious. Seek innovative solutions and go the extra mile.
Be Accountable. Act with honesty and integrity.
Role Statement The Hartnagel Building Supply Paint Specialist provides superior customer service in the paint department. Provide application information and the best products to match a customer’s needs. Mix paint and stain according to the specified color formulas and color match existing (non-listed) colors. Maintain healthy inventory levels and work with purchaser and manager to bring in products to fill our customer’s changing needs. Ensure paint dept freight is stocked and shelves are faced. Provide backup when necessary to retail sales.
Outcomes for Success
- Provide amazing customer service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance
- Provide information on product features, benefits, uses and know related items to sell for an entire project
- Greet, qualify, recommend and close sales for customers in the paint department
- Troubleshoot customer issues and problems that may arise
- Possess basic knowledge of other departments
- Ability to identify and explain different types of paint
- Identify and explain different paint finishes
- Explain decorative finishes
- Identify and explain various painters’ tools
- Ability to explain the different uses of adhesives, solvents, caulk
- Maintain the in-stock position of assigned area, and ensure that it is clean, shop able, and safe
- Work in cooperation with Store Management, other sales departments, and the front-end associates to ensure customers’ needs are met
- Use various equipment and machinery to match and mix paint; must be able to visually distinguish slight differences in a vast array of colors
- Responsible for Paint training, coaching and developing store associates in the Paint department
- Provides the highest possible level of service to all customers with the main objective of serving our customers
- Interacts in a positive manner with customers in person and on the telephone. Assists with questions regarding merchandise, location of merchandise in store, pricing and promotions.
- Answers telephone inquiries pleasantly and promptly
- Provides customers with information on additional items related to purchases made; ie., up selling and add on sales
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the products sold, product usage, product prices and new products on the market
- Listens to a customer’s complaint with the objective of solving the problem
- Complies with Company procedures on sales transactions, paperwork, refunds, credit memos, etc.
- Accepts returned merchandise by verifying documents and merchandise
- Coordinates with receiving/warehouse to restock returned merchandise
- Locates, orders and follows up on special order items
- Must understand and use proper cash handling techniques
- Maintains stock, displays and housekeeping for assigned areas
- Complies with dress code specified by Company policy
- Assists supervisor, other employees as needed
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored training programs as required
- Promotes team concept
- Assist with any other duties as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to do math, read orders, follow instructions and complete forms
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and legible written skills
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands
- Above average communication skills including reading, writing and computer
- Employee Ownership shares in the company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee Discount
- PTO & Sick Pay
- Monday to Friday
- A Pre-Hired Drug Test is Required
- Health Benefits after 90 days
Angeles Millwork is a sister store to Hartnagel Building Supply and owned by Lumber Traders, Inc., an employee-owned company with a rich history of community involvement and support in Port Angeles, WA. We offer unparalleled retirement benefits through employee ownership and believe that our employees are our best asset and key to our continued success.
We take pride in the services we provide to homeowners and contractors alike, and in 2020 we were humbled to be awarded Business of the Year from the Chamber of Commerce. We are growth-oriented and experiencing an incredible increase in demand and looking for employee-partners who can help us continue this progress.