Angeles Millwork and Lumber Co. Inc. is searching for a vital team member for our store manager position. The perfect applicant would have extensive industry experience, be proactive in discovering solutions, be independently motivated, and be driven to foster positive intent.
Click HERE to learn more about employee ownership!
Our team of employee-owners makes up a wide range of the most creative, knowledgeable, and caring that the North Peninsula has to offer. We consider our customers to be family with most we know by their first name, so we are looking for the pinnacle of leadership, accountability, and customer service in our hires.
Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co. and Hartnagel Building Supply have been community fixtures in the area for over 111 years and we offer the best in building materials to the industry professional and the do-it-yourselfer. If the opportunity to be on our team is enticing to you then we encourage you to apply!
COMPENSATION: $28 – $32 an hour + benefits and employee-ownership retirement shares after 2 years
- Medical, Dental, and Eye Insurance for Full-time Employees
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Ownership Shares after 2 years
- Performance Incentives & Quarterly Bonus Program
- Employee Discount
- Extensive Training
BASIC FUNCTION: The Store Manager is responsible for the direction of Store Operations, with a primary focus on sales-related departments, including Retail Sales & Contractor Sales, and coordinating with the Operations Manager. The Store Manager position includes additional responsibilities related to the management of Retail and Pro Sales Departments.
- Ten years of industry-related experience with increasing supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Thrives in collaborative environments.
- Good knowledge of different business functions.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Computer literate – this is a critical component
- Proactive nature.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the industry and be skilled in the management and motivation of sales personnel.
- The Store Manager must perform assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of service to customers and to contribute to the profitability of the business.
- Supervise personnel to keep productivity at optimum levels. Training, merchandising and display, advertising and promotion, and customer relations.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and training; plans, assigns and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines
- Negotiate conflict resolution in the best interest of the company and the customer.
- Resolve interpersonal conflicts or unprofessional behavior in a timely manner, taking disciplinary action when necessary and keeping documentation of said conflicts and/or disciplinary actions.
- Motivate and train subordinates to reach personal and company goals & develops individual goals & monitor progress.
- Produces various reports within Eagle to make data-driven decisions.
- Coordinates with CEO & Operations Manager to develop pricing strategies.
- Works in conjunction with the Advertising department to schedule training for new employees and retail staff as needed.
- Proactively recommend adjustments to the current product line and pricing to remain competitive in the local market.
- Work with CEO and Accounting Department to monitor credit on all new and current customers.
- Coordinate with the Operations Manager & Yard Foreman to ensure efficiency, safety, and customer service remain paramount.
- Always keeps the company’s interest as a top priority & works to increase sales, decrease costs, and streamline operations.
- Includes all Sales Clerk & Pro-sales responsibilities.
- Ensures overall appearance of the store is clean, professional, and organized.
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored training programs as required.
- Promotes team concept.
- Adheres to company dress code policy & oversees staff adherence.
- Assist with any other duties as required.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Epicor Eagle (or similar ERP) as well as Microsoft Office.
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, sales, customer service, and training skills.
- Strong knowledge of building material products (especially commodities) and lumber.
- Knowledge of point-of-sale systems, basic business accounting, safety and store security.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 WPM.
- Ability to talk and listen.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend and use hands and fingers to handle objects and computer controls.
- Ability to lift and/or move 90 pounds safely.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work inside in controlled temperature conditions.
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- Moderately normal noise level.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- First Aid / CPR Certification