Angeles Rentals, an employee-owned company, is hiring a Rental Service Technician/Driver!
As a Rental Equipment Service Technician/Driver at our employee-owned rental equipment store, you will play a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of our rental equipment. You will be responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs on rental equipment, including troubleshooting and repairing small engines, preparing equipment for rental, and delivering equipment to and from customer sites. You should have a deep understanding of the equipment to be worked on and be able to diagnose and repair any issues that may arise.
This role requires strong technical skills, a thorough understanding of small engine repair, a clean driving record, and the ability to work well under pressure. For delivery driver responsibilities, the ideal candidate should have a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license, and be able to transport equipment to and from job sites safely and efficiently.
Being a part of an employee-owned company offers a unique and dynamic work environment where you can be directly involved in the success of the business. If you have a passion for equipment maintenance, particularly small engine repair, and a commitment to delivering high-quality rental equipment and services to customers, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity
Rental Service Technicians can expect to work closely with the store manager, as well as sales personnel, developing and improving our new store location.
Lumber Traders Inc.’s family of companies offer medical, dental, vision, monthly incentive programs, employee discounts, and employee ownership retirement packages. Our employee ownership retirement plan has historically outperformed typical 401Ks 3 – 5X with no contribution required by the employee.
Click HERE to Apply NOW!
To prospective job applicants: Completing the job application and submitting an optional resume will help us evaluate your qualifications and speed up your potential hiring process. Please provide complete and accurate information on the application to give us a comprehensive view of your candidacy. Submitting a resume will help us quickly understand your professional background and accomplishments. This can lead to faster hiring decisions.
After completing and submitting an application resumes can be submitted by emailing them to email@example.com to make the best possible impression.
POSITION: Rental Service Technician/Driver
EMPLOYMENT WAGES AND BENEFITS:
- Starting wage will range from $18 hr. – $23 hr. DOE.
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program) benefits after approx. 2 years.
- PTO and Sick Time.
- Paid Holidays for Full-Time employees.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Rental Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: Diagnose, repair, maintain, and clean rental equipment. Maintain organized facilities and inventory. Deliver equipment and tools with a 3/4 or 1-ton truck and trailer (non-CDL). Assist other departments when needed.
- Diagnose, maintain, repair, and clean rental equipment and business assets.
- Perform routine maintenance, repair, and safety inspections.
- Maintain a clean, organized, safe, and stocked maintenance facility.
- Keep inventory of equipment, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Maintain accurate records as it relates to repair orders, parts ordering, and timekeeping.
- Safely load, unload, and transport rental inventory to customer locations in a timely, safe, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrate proper operation and safety features to customers and determine their ability to use the equipment.
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections.
- Maintain the service, organization, and cleanliness of the delivery vehicles.
- Follow delivery/pickup instructions from staff and manager.
- Prepare rental forms and contracts by obtaining customer signatures and other information as required.
- Assist customers and coworkers with loading, unloading, and transportation of equipment.
- Keep equipment yard clean, organized, safe, and maintained.
- Exhibit positive and effective interaction with customers, fellow employees, management, and suppliers.
- Answers telephone inquiries pleasantly and promptly.
- Listens to a customer’s complaint with the objective of solving the problem.
- Resolve customer problems and answer questions.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Attend company, store, department, and safety meetings.
- Promotes team concept.
- May include responsibilities of retail sales and yard associate.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Industry-related experience preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Possess a valid driver’s license and satisfactory record.
- Ability to operate a truck with trailer in city, urban, and rural areas with weight exceeding 10,000lbs.
- Experience with hand tools and power tools.
- Intermediate understanding of, mechanics, electrical, and hydraulics.
- Reasonable computer proficiency, experience with Epicor Eagle & Point of Rental is a plus.
- Ability to do math, read orders, follow instructions, and complete forms.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and physics.
- Ability to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors using verbal and legible written skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze and prioritize daily job demands.
- Ability to effectively communicate, read, write, and use a computer.
- Ability to stand for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift and/or move 100 pounds safely.
- Reach overhead to grasp materials.
- Bend, stoop, or squat to floor level on a repetitive basis.
- Manual dexterity
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequent holding and grasping with hands.
- Frequent use of hands and feet to operate transport vehicles, equipment, and tools.
- Occasional exposure to bright lights, extreme temperatures, inclement weather, loud noise, dust, gas, and/or fumes.
- Work with mechanical equipment daily.
- Occasionally work outside in various weather conditions.
- A Pre-Hired (WA State Standards) Drug Test is Required