Angeles Millwork & Lumber Co., an employee-owned company, is hiring an Inventory Specialist!
We are looking for an inventory specialist who brings unwavering professionalism and meticulous accuracy to the position, and who has exceptional math and observation skills. Inventory specialists can expect to work closely with management, as well as purchasers & receivers, develop and improve existing procedures and policies, prevent losses and occasionally do some heavy lifting. Their other responsibilities include ensuring the accuracy of inventory records, problem-solving & detective work to discover the root cause of inconsistencies, compiling balance, price, and cost reports, and performing cycle counts.
Successful inventory specialists should have excellent interpersonal communication skills, a firm grasp of basic computer programs, and an ability to work both independently and in a team. Ideal candidates will have inventory experience as well as some management experience.
Inventory Specialist Responsibilities:
- Tracking inventory maintenance.
- Reporting to management and advising on process improvements.
- Developing loss mitigation processes and protocols.
- Training sales staff on best practices to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Compiling inventory reports.
- Addressing any problems, obstacles or challenges.
Inventory Specialist Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 years’ experience in inventory or related fields.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Working knowledge of word processor, databases, and spreadsheet software.
- Strong problem solving & logical reasoning abilities
Inventory Specialist Position
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
BENEFITS: Employee ownership/retirement package after meeting requirements equaling an average of $7K+ per year with NO employee contribution required, medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid vacation, sick leave, and an employee-store discount.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: Post-secondary education is advantageous.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in retail inventory practices is desired
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Proficient with computers, including MS Office Suite,
- Experience with Epicor Eagle is a plus
- An ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- A keen eye for detail
- An ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate articulately and efficiently with other people within the company
- Understanding of inventory and relation to A/P and A/R
- A mathematical background or comfort
- Typical office work; seated for long periods of time, walking the sales floors to insure support data
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work inside in controlled temperature.
- Drug testing required
- A Pre-Hired (WA State Standards) Drug Test is Required